Thursday, August 31, 2006

College. Dang.

Well, I'm here. Finally! -- I'm writing this from my dorm at Brown.

Strange, what a struggle it's been getting here.

Not that that struggle is yet over -- I have just under $50 in the bank with which to buy books and everything else I might need this semester! -- this should be interesting.

And I still have no way at all to pay for my second semester, so most likely this will be the only semester I complete at school; once this is done and my scholarship money runs out I shall return to -- sheesh, where? I don't have a home to go back to.

I'd better make this semester a good one, then.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Maya, please send me an email so I can write you back directly. I don't have/use AIM.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

i knew you'd make it.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where there is a will there is a way! You're a brilliant individual, there's funding out there for you!

Keep you head up!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep your grades up this semester. If you do well in college, you may have luck getting scholarships from Brown itself. I've also heard that it's easier to get other financial aid if you're already in college and doing well.

As for winter semester, you may be able to get an exception from the school in terms of getting the boot. International students usually don't have to leave - there are exceptions made. You may need to talk to a dean or other official about it, but it can be done.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home