Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I'm Mol, and I'm a street medic

Yep, I've been trained.
Well, okay, I've been trained again. I've been trained up and down and sideways; by the Red Cross, by Gavin & Skyzombie, by life (good old OJT - you learn a few things after watching friends get shot and stabbed and beaten half to death, after being with them through cancer and AIDS and diabetic emergencies.)

This weekend it was good to refresh myself - remember what I'd forgotten (it has been, after all, over a year since I last ran - J20 was the last time I ran as a medic) and learn a few new things.

Though I was rather sad that we didn't get to cover how to treat zombie-related injuries (and, of course, how to care for any zombies that might potentially be injured, too!)

I think one of the coolest things about the weekend was that we fed two dozen people, and had a ton of food left over at the end - without spending a cent. Seriously, we dumpstered so much stuff. Vegetables, pies, donuts, bagels (curse the sesame seeds) - even, strangely, a few dozen wheels of Brie cheese. It kind of makes me sad, though, at the wastefulness of our society.

Just remember...

Dumpster Diving is Love.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being trained, if I decide to come to Chicago I'll make sure I'll buy you some food and possibly cook it rather than dumpster diving but I'm unsure if I should come or not. I'm starting to have doubts/suspicions but I trust you

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Sheri (thats_relativity from Xanga). If you're ever in Atlanta and looking for a job, I'll put in a good word for you here. You'd love Little 5 Points.

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home