Monday, January 30, 2006

Verve!

verve (vûrv)
n.
  1. Energy and enthusiasm in the expression of ideas, especially in artistic performance or composition: The revival lacked the verve of the original musical.
  2. Vitality; liveliness..

So I've left my Xanga home in favor of this one. I'm not sure why, except that everything in my life, for the most part, has changed in the past year or so, and it only seems fitting.

Between India and going crazy and being homeless and having my life dissected in the national media and trying to turn my life into something worthwhile with my adopted family and the activism I've been doing,

I just don't feel particularly misled, anymore. Not that I have completely untangled life, because who ever does? But I think that my actions these days are a lot more directed, thought out, and guided than they were 5 years ago.

I'm replacing my aimlessness and angst with energy, life, activism; or trying to.

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us." - and that is what I intend to do.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the good stuff coming from your mind!

-fellow pro-life/vegan/anarchist that also likes girls ;)

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so happy for you maya,
you're so inspiring.
<33333

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautiful, positive post. good for you, and may only goodness come your way.

9:27 PM  
Blogger AdminBloggerKIC said...

Sweetishness!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Xactiphyn said...

"Brown, Almost"?? This means you are really going next year? For real? Please say yes.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kuncham but Maya ...u inspire

X-Copywriter

i copied the way out of womb
i copied the sound they vibrate
i copied the lines they taught
i copied the art they create
but never could i touch them
those geniuses i respire to be
those leaders i dreamt to be
those humans i copied to be
today i lost those dreams
i couldn't copy the right
i couldn't give up the fight
alas! the basket awaits
cause nobody uses a photocopy.
whats the use to love and dream?

12:02 PM  
Blogger the proprietor said...

M.,

I was pleased to meet you last February, I'm pleased to read you here at your new bloghome, and I look forward to reading more. Hopefully this year will bring some excitement to your rather boring and staid existence ;) You are a smart, strong, (com)passionate, tenacious girl and you're in my prayers for huge blessings in your life. (Try to say a prayer for me once in a while, will you? I need it...)

3:02 AM  
Blogger the proprietor said...

Ohhhh, and you're a Gemini. That explains a lot ...

Gemini is the second coolest sign. The coolest being Aries. Which, of course includes yours truly.

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Death doesn't really tremble to take anybody, but I think sometimes, when the game is over, she smiles at you a little and says something like, "Wow, that was cool!"

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home