Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I lied.

About updating last night, post-speech. I didn't update again last night. I did other things: wander up and down Commonwealth Avenue, buy potato chips and cheeseless pizza, stare out of the window of my hotel room at nothing much, fall asleep next to my ex-boyfriend's very drunk husband. But I didn't update.

The talk went alright, I think. The kids were nice. I was nervous, but semi-coherent. I got through it. There isn't a whole lot more to say, I guess.

It's hard to talk about Shymmer and Remyremy and all that. Too many memories.

Today, I had lunch with one of the other Point scholars who I love, and then wandered around Cambridge with Dex. Spent more money than I should have (ANY money is more than I should) at Newbury Comics, but how could I pass up a used copy of Gothika for $3.99, or the first TMNT movie?

We were going to go see Brokeback Mountain, or maybe V for Vendetta; but instead we went back to my hotel room, ate more salt & vinegar chips, and watched movies with horrible tinny laptop-speaker sound: Gothika, The Time Machine. I watched them with my head on his chest, homesick, wishing these moments with my Anjuls weren't so rare, these days.

If the check for this speech comes any time soon, I can pay bills. Pay rent. Maybe even eat. That will be exciting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You adlibbed the whole speech? you never cease to amaze me. I'm happy you'll be able to buy the essentials again too :)

Tom (the English one/Tommah)

8:47 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Hey, just wanted to tell you that your work is an inspiration. I wish more people our age were as caring as you. Keep it up. I saw V for Vendetta last night; it's a great movie which is rather timely in its message. I'm not an anarchist, but I believe strongly in civil liberties and social freedom. Hope all's well. Take it easy.

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed V for Vendetta. We did. It came at a
particularly appropriate time for me as i had been thinking a lot about the vicious hazing
i experienced as a youth.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Keyes:
Since I have no contact info I must be brief. Hope you can help me out. I'm a retired attorney writing a book on civil rights. See this link: "The black-vote schism" by Kevin McCullough http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=37860
All efforts to get a copy of the Obama letter referred to have been futile – no responses. Can you help me get a copy? Will provie more detail if you provide contact info.

Bets regards
John M
San Francisco

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home