Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Road goes ever on and on

Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with weary feet,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.


Once again, I have moved -- back to the East Coast, once more. I am not sure how long I will stay. I am never quite sure of anything, anymore. It has been quite some time since I have been stably anywhere; I seem to live in a constant state of quasi-transience.

I'm not sure this is a bad thing, but I don't think it is a good one. It is, at the least, an exhausting one.

I spent my last evening in Chicago with someone who was perhaps the first friend I had in the city, and who I had not actually seen or even really spoken to in over two years. It was strange but nice, and perhaps a fitting end to my time there, like completing a circle and ending with something that was there at the beginning.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing with myself here. I don't yet have a job, but I'm looking. I want to get back to college eventually, but don't know if I ever will. Right now I mostly am just concerned with rent-paying and food-getting, and reading a lot, and trying, largely unsuccessfully, to sleep.

Oh, and getting a new laptop. Especially with hearing problems, not having a computer is really very doubleplus ungood, but I really can't afford one in the slightest. Irksome, since I can't use a phone.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How odd. When I left Chicago (well Oak Park) back in 2005, I had the same song in my heart. Tolkien is one of the bards of wanderlust I suppose. Best of luck wherever the Road takes you.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Gerald Farinas said...

I'm so glad we had dinner that night. I remember your first day in Chicago. We started out over dinner then, too. And then you ended your time in Chicago with me over dinner. I'm glad the circle got finished. We can pick up the pieces and start anew. I love you. Jers

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck maya!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Ash Tha God said...

Welcome to the East Coast! U should definitely come up to NYC sometime! Good to see someone from parents like yours being an anarchist activist. Good luck and keep bloggin!

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"With parents like yours." I bet that hurts you and your parents. Because I bet that you know they are, basically, good parents.

Spiritual girl, are there words in the Cloud of Unknowing you may find solace in?

Perhaps

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi maya,

i met your father tonight, so i was doing some google-ing (isn't it great that this is a verb?) and came across you.

i think i forgot to breathe for a moment when i came across your wiki page because we have so much in common.

queer. nonviolent. activist. strong.

i'd love to talk to you sometime, even for only a moment. my aim is xxpinkypunkyxx/ myspace- www.myspace.com/pinkypunky

good luck on the new move!

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you're pain...I have trouble sleeping, too. Hence, I am up so late and have to work early tomorrow.

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home